After looking at my classmates Self Chosen Projects I want to write about the one I would be most likely to use, least likely, the most facinating one, and some instructinal strategies that I now could adopt.
Technology that I would be most likely to use:
I loved the vercitility of the website Polldaddy. This is a website that you can go to to create polls, survey's, quizzes and ratings. This is much like the website Vorbeo and other poll making programs but I think it is better because it allows the answers to the poll, quizzes, ect. to be sent to a destination of your choice (email, Facebook, Twitter, and via the website).
This program was easy to use and exploring it was very fun! I can truely see myself generating quizzes for classrooms and surveys for parents on this website. I can also see myself simply playing arouns on this website for fun! Very cool piece of technology!
Technology that I would be least likely to use:
I think the technology peices that I would be least likely to use in the future would be the online presentation makers like Photopeach, Shwup and Animoto. This has nothing to do with the technology themselves but with the fact that I already know how to use other programs that do the same things. There could be hidden huge advatages of these free online sites but as far as I saw iMovie, iTunes and Powerpoint can do the same things that they can.
The most facinating technology:
The most facinating technology was Slimber. When I first sat down to learn about it I thought "wow it is a program just like Paint" and "why would I want art to be online and not in my hands?" But once I looked at the example drawings I was amazed with the fantastic pictures that can be generated using all the finite, intricate and wonderful tools. This technology blew me away!
Instructional strategies:
There is a technology for everything! Some of the simplest tasks can be transformed, easily shared and developed with the use of a simple technology program. Going through and expolring technologies directly shows me how rich and engaging technology in the classroom can be. Even simple activityies like addition on a whorsheet can be done with the use of an iPad and Mathboard. Many of the porgrams I observed had built in assessment tools and the majority of each technology peice could be enjoyed for free.
No comments:
Post a Comment